Business planning by water utilities requires robust cost and carbon models for treatment and infrastructure assets. This project will provide up-to-date and audited cost and carbon models for investment planning or benchmarking against company models.
Water utilities need robust and audited cost and carbon models for investment planning and optioneering; asset valuation; benchmarking against a company's own cost models; and filling gaps in the water utility cost and carbon models, pending the availability of local data. Investment planning requires whole life totex estimates. The proportion of total expenditure spent on refurbishing assets is steadily increasing.
- Models developed using data from across the water industry which are independently validated by WRc.
- Asset refurbishment and renovation cost models also available.
- Cost and carbon models are provided within easy to use software.
- All model development externally audited.
- WRc has a long established capability and experience of cost model development for the water industry that extends over 40 years.
- WRc's collaborative approach allows water utilities to influence the development of TR61.
Building on TR61 V12 software issued in June 2015, TR61 V13 will produce an updated and externally audited set of cost and carbon models by the middle of 2017 in good time for PR19 in England and Wales.
The TR61 V13 project will deliver:
- Update of capex and opex models with additional cost data from water utilities.
- Alignment of TR61 whole life costs to totex estimates made by water utilities.
- Development of a wider range of refurbishment models for specific tasks.
- Updated embodied and operational carbon models.
- Third-party audit of TR61 procedures.