Project Appreciation and Objectives
Business planning for catchment management initiatives for PR14 and beyond requires all of the benefits arising from schemes to be identified, quantified and, where possible, monetised for inclusion in cost-benefit analyses in support of business plans. The framework produced by WRc under the auspices of UKWIR for the water industry, environmental and financial regulators is intended to facilitate this. The work was completed to enable the framework to be used in business planning for AMP6. The framework has been designed to be flexible but common issues are likely to arise in implementing its requirements for the wide range of schemes under consideration for AMP6 funding. Early identification, sharing and solving of issues and information among practitioners facilitated by WRc will streamline the benefit quantification process and lead to more consistent outcomes. The forum would be practitioner-led with WRc providing the mechanism for issues to be identified and shared while contributing to their solution in a way that is practical, timely and consistent with the framework.
Business Benefits to Clients
- Efficient and effective application of the catchment management benefits assessment framework for AMP6 business planning and beyond.
- Establish a forum of practitioners from participating companies.
- Identify common issues arising from application of the framework with the Project Steering Group.
- Work with WRc to provide solutions to identified issues that are consistent with the requirements of the framework and can be implemented for AMP6 business planning
Project Output and Implementation
- A series of technical notes detailing solutions for implementation by water company practitioners
Related WRc Work
- Quantifying the benefits of water quality catchment management initiatives (UKWIR 2012)
- Quantifying the benefits of catchment management in the Longdendale catchment (UU 2012)