TR61 provides a fully integrated tool that allows Opex, Capex and on-going maintenance costs of different options to be assessed on a consistent basis. Such information is invaluable for both PR09 submissions and selecting solutions for AMP5 delivery.
Clearly, however, the usefulness of TR61 depends on its data and information, being kept up-to-date. Importantly, the current focus on carbon means that this now needs to be factored into assessments in a consistent and reliable way.
As well as improving its functionality, this project will strengthen TR61 to provide a robust whole life costs (WLC) and carbon estimation tool.
Benefits to Clients
- Independent software tool generating robust, auditable WLC estimates at a treatment works level.
- Robust and consistent method for accounting for carbon.
- Invaluable investment planning aid.
- Explore the use of web-based data collection and transfer system.
- Collect additional data on construction, maintenance and operating costs.
- Produce asset level refurbishment models, where possible.
- Enhance capital maintenance estimates through collection of additional asset life information and capital maintenance profiles.
- Include functionality to allow user estimates of deterioration to impact on Opex estimates.
- Improve Opex and Capex models.
- Include carbon estimation by:
Develop a tool to assess the whole life impact on both cost and carbon of proposed solutions.
- building on existing knowledge on carbon accounting (including current UKWIR project);
- establishing relationships for Capex models to allow the estimation of embedded carbon; and
- enhancing the Opex models to predict annual carbon usage.
- Initial functional specification (to be agreed by participants).
- Carbon accounting methodology
- Interim software release to incorporate carbon estimation methods.
- Draft cost functions.
- TR61 V10 software, full version.