In response to UK Environment Agency regulations for discharge monitoring, WRc and members of Evaluation International researched what dischargers need to know and what options were available for measurement to meet the Agency requirements.
A selection guide was produced to:
- Summarise current regulations and list British and International Standards for open channel flow.
- Identify methods of instrumentation for measurement of open channel flow, including weirs and flumes, velocity areas methods and partially filled electromagnetic flowmeters
- Review emerging technologies
- Describe operating principles for each method, together with benefits, limitations, typical specifications and a list of suppliers.
- Up to date information on open channel flowmeters to enable effective operation and informed purchasing.
Copies of the guide (S 1808 X 03 - Survey of Open Channel Flowmeters) are available at the WRc Bookshop - www.webookshop.com.