STEP™ was a inter-utility benchmarking project which provided a complete, in-depth analysis of wastewater treatment costs and performance.
Starting from high level objectives, STEP™ included stakeholder analysis and a participant's approach to risk, examined down to the detail of activity based costing of operations and practices and identified quick wins and strategic recommendations for cost efficiency and performance improvement.
- Step improvement in wastewater treatment function and selected sewage treatment works performance
- Solutions at strategic and operational levels
- Continuous improvement opportunity
- Internal and external (peer group) comparison of performance
- Modelling of Sewage Treatment Works to simulate improvement outcomes
- Creation of in-house benchmarking and treatment modelling capability.