The UK Regulator, Office of Water Service (Ofwat) has presented expectations for delivering a successful periodic review (PR04) submission. These highlight the critical success factors, but do not elaborate on how they can be achieved. The preference for "bottom-up" and quantitative data, whilst ensuring concise and transparent business plans, puts considerable strain on Asset Managers. To help address these issues, this project will deliver a practical / timely solution for maximising and achieving Ofwat's success factors.
This will be delivered through key workshop events. Aimed at asset management decision makers, these will provide a forum and focus for optimising submissions by:
- Fully understanding the underlying objectives of Ofwat requirements
- Recognising strengths / weaknesses in current draft submissions
- Benchmarking and adopting best practise approaches for achieving success
- Smarter use of existing data (eg. AMP 3 data)
- Pragmatic use of risk assessment tools.
Benefits to Clients
- Improved quality / acceptability of PR04 final business plan submissions
- Clear understanding of capital maintenance success factors to facilitate the submissions
- Confidence in approach / methodologies on moving from "draft" to "final" business plans
- Powerful insights on how best to leverage existing data and quantify budget needs.