The long term reliability of sewerage rehabilitation options are important when choosing the most cost effective, whole life solution to sewerage rehabilitation.
This research will investigate and produce a test method for determining the long-term behaviour of sewer repair systems. The work will also examine commonly used patch repair and sewer sealing systems.
Two UK water utilities and a sewer repair contractor are involved in the research being undertaken by WRc.
For Utilities to:
- Demonstrate that localised sewer repair techniques can perform satisfactorily in the long term, enabling sewerage operators to have confidence in expected performance
- Enable engineers to plan and calculate the long term cost/benefits for undertaking repair work
- Develop a specification which can be used to measure similar products in the market place
For manufacturers/contractors to:
- Demonstrate the long term performance of their system to product purchasers
- Identify where improvements may need to be made, within a confidential environment.